Published: Fri, February 22, 2019
Worldwide | By Angelina Lucas

Kentucky Teen Nick Sandmann Sues The Washington Post For $250 Million

Kentucky Teen Nick Sandmann Sues The Washington Post For $250 Million

In a short video from January, Sandmann is seen wearing a red "Make America Great Again" while standing face-to-face with Phillips.

The legal action stems from the negative coverage the Covington Catholic High School student received after he appeared in a viral video last month in Washington, D.C. Many painted him out to be a racist who taunted a Native American at the Lincoln Memorial, but other videos dismantled that claim.

In this case, the suit states that the Post used smear tactics against the Sandmanns to attack President Trump's reputation. Other footage of the encounter shows that the students may not necessarily have been mocking Phillips and other Native Americans.

News reports indicate Sandmann's attorneys sent letters to more than 50 media organizations, celebrities and politicians, including The Post, The New York Times, CNN, and Sen.

In a letter to parents this week, Covington Bishop Roger Foys said the students "were placed in a situation that was at once weird and even threatening".

A lawsuit filed on the behalf of Nicholas Sandmann, a Covington Catholic High School student, is seeking $250 million in damages from the Washington Post, according to the website for the Hemmer DeFrank Wessles law firm.

Nick Sandmann's attorney says the suit seeks $250 million in damages.

Chelsea can not afford Malmo mistake against top sides, says Sarri
They want Kante to drop back and help Jorginho, who has been badly exposed trying to protect the back four. The Wembley date is followed by the Premier League clash with Tottenham. "As a team we did well".

The boy who became the face of "white privilege" when an edited video of his confrontation with an indigenous protester went viral is suing the Washington Post for defamation, asking for its entire value in a 2013 sale as damages.

The lawsuit further argues that the newspaper ignored the truth about the incident and says the paper falsely accused Sandmann of accosting Phillips by suddenly "swarming" him in a threatening and physically intimidating manner.

Following the incident, a statement was released by a public relations firm on Sandmann's behalf in which he claimed he had been singled out by Phillips and that he was only "helping to [defuse] the situation". No member of mainstream & social media mob who attacked him should take comfort from not being sued in initial round of lawsuits which will commence next week.

In a statement, Sandmann's Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, said additional similar lawsuits would be filed against other parties in the weeks ahead. "Some students performed a "tomahawk chop" to the beat of Mr. Phillips' drumming and some joined Mr. Phillips' chant".

Investigators said they found no evidence the students chanted "built that wall", as Phillips claimed.

President Trump celebrated news of the lawsuit on Twitter Wednesday, saying, "Go get them, Nick".

Like this: