Published: Fri, September 21, 2018
Culture | By Jeremy Gray

Suge Knight pleads no contest to manslaughter over fatal confrontation

Suge Knight pleads no contest to manslaughter over fatal confrontation

Knight was blamed for intentionally running over Carter and Cle "Bone" Sloan following a heated discussion on the set of Straight Outta Compton.

Knight, centre, turned himself in at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department in 2015 in connection with the hit-and-run incident that left one man dead and another injured.

Surveillance video that showed Knight hitting the two men with his truck was likely to play a central role for both sides. He took the plea deal days before his trial was scheduled to begin.

Previously, Knight had been sentenced to five years' probation after pleading no contest to assaulting two rappers in 1995.

Hurricane rating system fails to account for deadly rain
Flooding has also impacted areas such as Fayetteville and Kinston, where the Neuse River was still rising. The storm has resulted in the deaths of at least 32 people, 26 in North Carolina, according to Gov.

Knight, Carter and Sloan were longtime associates and Knight said the incident was an accident after a dispute got out of control.

Under the sentencing guidelines, Knight would receive the high-term of 11 years in prison for the voluntary manslaughter count, which would double because he has a prior conviction under California's three strikes law. As part of the plea agreement the murder charges will be dismissed by prosecutors, along with other charges against Knight of robbery and making criminal threats. He said he feared Carter and Sloan were going to shoot him and his only option was to flee. The court now sees him as a repeat offender.

Knight founded Death Row Records, once the well-known home of N.W.A. member Dr. Dre, as well as Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg. With this plea, Knight will not be eligible for release until he is 81 years old. He will be formally sentenced on October 4th.

Like this: